Monday, January 10, 2011

TLU: From the archives

Me: Know how you're always accusing me of having a different girl in every town?
Her: Yes...
Me: Well, now that Toronto's amalgamated I'm afraid I have to downsize. Sorry.

To be honest, I actually told her this one had been floating around in my head for a while after we broke up on her initiative. Err... within 5 minutes of the fairly civil event actually. Outwardly, she got the joke. Inwardly I suspect it was a reminder of how I tend to deal with stress by cracking wise about it; which was cute to begin with because I'd make her laugh when she was upset but I suspect began to wear.

This was also the one where I learnt the: "don't want to hurt her by ending it" relationship trap is bullshit and an attitude I shouldn't engage in again when things start to go south.

No comments:

Post a Comment