Saturday, June 1, 2013

Japan Trip 2: The Sequel

Hello Pearson. Still an empty soulless sterile 'hole I see. I'm going to have to show you again what a proper departure gate looks like aren't I? Yes, I think we'll get to that.

So, we're at this "Japan" thing again; once more into the breach folks. First though, I have to deal with my two least favourite things: Pearson Airport - where there's eventually a duty free store (if you're into makeup and booze, else you're boned), and some seriously overpriced fast food and convenience stores - and Air Canada in flight meals. Air Canada: where if you think hospital food is unpalatable and unappealing visually you've clearly never traveled economy class. At least the omelet wasn't stuffed with tomato paste this time; instead it was just awful in texture.

The less said about the beef and rice - or whatever they were passing off as beef - the better. Let it be forgotten until we return and the fuckers try to give me food poisoning again.

That out of the way, this is travel day folks and little will happen. But, for whatever reason, I couldn't bring myself to sleep on the plane so it's mini RFPD time again!

Picture Day: Don't see what the big deal is, it's pretty much like any other film in the genre.

Parker: When did Jason Statham get boring? Oh, I know, right about the time they decided to put him in a buddy film with Jennifer Lopez and then couldn't decide if it was supposed to be a comedy or straight up revenge flick. Takes too long to get going, doesn't really deliver on the action, completely wastes the entire cast's time. I mean, seriously, why is the dude from Shield even in this flick? He does so little they could have replaced him with a stunt double and there would've been no noticeable drop in quality.

Trouble With The Curve: Clint Eastwood as cranky old baseball scout who's going blind and has let past events and the death of his wife screw up his relationship with his workaholic lawyer daughter: road trip hijinks ensue! Rote as fuck.

I might have watched something else. All we need to note here is that I can't remember what it is. I think that says it all. 24 hours later I've dropped down into this:
Tomorrow, Osaka.

PS: we're gonna try and do this on a little bit less of a tape delay this time. I suspect my hotel will get cranky if I start uploading video though so I may just round that all up after I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment