Tuesday, March 29, 2011

TLU: Being "Old" Has an Over/Under

Female Floorie "Come on.", looks in my direction as I'm eating dinner in the common lounge, "Dave, she totally looks older, doesn't she?*"

Me: "Errr... I think I'm being drawn into a conversation I walked into in the middle of and totally haven't been paying attention to. What's going on?"

Instead, I went with: "Of course not!" Safe, right? No girl wants to be told they look old...

For future reference, apparently this is not the correct answer when the girl in question just turned 18 yesterday and has spent the last 30 minutes with the girls on how she doesn't look/feel any older. If looks could kill I'd have died 4 times over that day...

* this is what's called a Tip-Off folks. Have I mentioned I can be a bit oblivious at the best of times... err, yeah...

No comments:

Post a Comment